Thursday, April 30, 2009

SLC Marathon Day!

We've been out of town for the last week so I haven't had a chance to post about the Marathon. Well, actually the half marathon. Jess (my BFF ) and I started training for the SLC Marathon a few months ago. We were freakin nervous on race day, but it came and we both survived. I've never finished anything like this, I am so proud I did it! There's nothing better than crossing the finish line, I would definitely do it again. I think we're going to try the Logan half in August or maybe a triathalon. Here are some pictures...

Oh and I almost forgot the best part! We met Blaine and Daine from the Biggest Loser. They look awesome!! They've both lost over 100 lbs. and they came to SLC for the half marathon. They were so cool, me and Kenz had to get a pic since the Biggest Loser is our all time FAVORITE show!

I'm so happy I finished and that they didn't have to pick me up on the side of the road in the medical van! My time was 2:24, which isn't awesome but I'm going to try and do better on the Logan half. Yay!

10 comments:

Mindi D said...

I'm so proud of you! And WAY jealous you met Blaine and Dane!! I've been trying to decide if we should do the Logan half or the Hobble Creek one. They are only a week apart so I have to choose one but the Hobble Creek we'd have to sign up tomorrow, i guess it feels up way fast but is really fun?!? Decisions decisions. Anyway, good job!!

Netso said...

Omh!!!! you blogged!!!! Yah!!! And as for the marathon you are a freakin' rock star!!! I'm so proud of you. If you come up with any more talents I don't know what I'm going to do with you. I love you to pieces and count my blessings everyday how lucky I am to be your MIL!! love ya girl!

Trent and Tiff said...

Whoo! That is freaking awesome - way to go!!

alyson said...

That's awesome Whit! You go!

Unknown said...

Whitnie, Good job! I have yet to get the running marathon bug but I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!!

Jake and Haylee Ashworth said...

When I saw you at Bryn's birthday party I was wondering what you have been doing you look so good. And running will definatly get you looking that way. Congrats! I keep tellin myself I am going to start but it is tuff.

The Medsker Family said...

Wow, I am way impressed. Way to go!!!

Sunnee said...

You are a ROCK STAR!!! We are so proud of you!

Em said...

I heard all bout you two and running home from work!!! That is so awesome! Good job! We need to get together soon!

The Razzle Dazzle Family said...

Way to go Whit on running & finishing the SLC marathon. I have to say that is something I don't think I will ever do. But I think it is way awesome that you did it. Good luck on the Logan one!!
That's neat that you meat Blain & Dane. Kenyon dated Blain's wife, funny huh!!